Sometimes your body asks you for something healthy. In those cases, I like to make these pressure cooker Steamed vegetables.
It's really easy and can be added to any meal as a healthy side dish or even alone as a light dinner.
What vegetables to use?
If you gonna use carrots, add 1 minute for the cooking time. For a vegan recipe, just leave out the butter.
Do I need a steamer basket for this recipe?
Usually, I'm using my steamer basket on these kinds of recipes. But I got some comments from users who are just starting out with the Instant Pot and don't have all the fancy accessories yet. So I decided to make this Instant Pot steamed vegetables recipe inside the pot, to show you that it's possible.
if you are into healthy vegetable dish, try this Instant Pot vegetable soup.
- ½ lb green bean
- ½ lb yellow bean
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add water in the Instant Pot
- Place the vegetables in the Instant Pot (or on the steamer basket) and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- After cooking ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, add butter, stir a bit and let it melt completely.
- Serve and enjoy. Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.