Light and refreshing, quick, and easy - this Instant Pot pasta primavera recipe will become your new favorite!
These days we get many pieces of information and how eating veggies is healthy. Still, sometimes we do not have ideas on how to incorporate veggies more into our diet.
Being rich in minerals and vitamins, as well as the fibers for the digestion, making this recipe ideal for those who like to start eating healthy.
Perfectly cooked pasta with a mix of vegetables is ideal for the kids too. The colorful combo will impress anyone and the impeccable taste will force you to make it again and again...
Which vegetables to use?
Which pasta to use?
Any pasta you like. Pene, farfalle, spaghetti or even gluten-free pasta. The key to getting a perfectly cooked and not soggy pasta is in the accurate cooking time.
When cooking pasta in the Instant Pot it seems to work best when you halve the regular cooking time and round it down.
So if the package says 11 minutes until al dente, go for five minutes. If it says 15 minutes to al dente, go for seven minutes, etc.
What's the right seasoning?
I have chosen the Italian seasoning for this Instant Pot pasta primavera, but you can go just with basil, rosemary, or oregano. You can even make your own blend.
If you are using just herbs make sure to add some salt as the pasta will be unsalted.
More Instant Pot one-pot pasta meals
How to make Pasta Primavera
Gather your ingredients:
Place your veggies in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the olive oil and season with the Italian seasoning.
Heat rest of the oil in Instant Pot on Saute. Add veggies and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Keep veggies aside.
Add pasta and broth into the Instant Pot. You can go with water but this gives more flavor.
Lock lid into place. Cook the pasta as mentioned. I cooked mine for 5 minutes at high pressure. Perform a quick pressure release.
Scoop out 1 cup of the broth and drain the rest.
Add pasta back to the Instant pot along with reserved broth and veggies. Stir to combine and top with parmesan.
Stir and serve.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning or desired herbs
- 2 cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers mixed colors
- 1 cup white mushrooms quartered
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Select Saute on your Instant Pot.
- Toss veggies with 1 tbsp olive oil and Italian seasoning.
- Heat rest of the olive oil in Instant Pot. Add veggies and cook for 5-7 minutes. Keep the veggies aside.
- Add vegetable broth and pasta in the Instant Pot.
- Lock lid into place and cook the pasta on High pressure for 5 minutes.
- Perform a Quick pressure release. Reserve 1 cup of the broth and drain any remaining.
- Add veggies to the pasta, along with the broth.
- Sprinkle the pasta with parmesan and stir.
- Serve warm.