A family friendly recipe for weekends… Combo of shrimp, vegetables, sauces and vinegar adds a delicious richness in noodles.
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 scallions chopped and divided
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup red bell pepper seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl of the boiling water, soak the rice noodles for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and mix 1 tablespoon of oil. Set aside.
- For sauce: in another bowl, add the brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and fish sauce and beat until well combined.
- Place the remaining oil in the Instant Pot and select “Sauté”. Then add 2 scallions and garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the bell peppers and carrots and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Push the mixture to the edge of the pan.
- In the center of pan, place the beaten eggs and cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for about 1 minute.
- Select “Cancel” and stir in the shrimp.
- Secure the lid and turn to “Seal” position.
- Cook on “Manual” with “High Pressure” for about1 minute.
- Press “Cancel” and allow a natural release for about 5 minutes and then, do a quick release.
- Carefully, remove the lid and mix in the noodles and sauce.
- Immediately, secure the lid for about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in the lime juice.
- Serve with the garnishing of remaining scallions.
Calories: 616kcal Carbohydrates: 75g Protein: 33g Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 13g Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g Monounsaturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 425mg Sodium: 2631mg Potassium: 536mg Fiber: 3g Sugar: 22g Vitamin A: 6660IU Vitamin C: 125mg Calcium: 247mg Iron: 5mg
This recipe is part of our 1001 Instant Pot recipes project, a huge collection of free, easy and delicious recipes.