Is it a dessert? Is it bread? No... It's Instant Pot banana bread!
This Instant Pot bread is the perfect breakfast to kick off your day with plenty of energy!
Just try a slice of this quick banana bread with your morning coffee and you’ll soon get addicted.
Baking is always a long process, but with the help of your Instant Pot, it becomes accessible and feasible even during a busy week.
This banana bread is something you must try. It is made with delicious bananas, almond flour, and brown sugar. It is very moist, soft, and it is quite similar to a cake. The bread is full of flavor and the orange zest gives a nice touch that breaks up all the sweetness and balances the aroma.
Once you prepare the bread and cook it in your Instant Pot allow it to cool completely before removing it from the baking pan. Once cooled the bread is ready for slicing and serving.
- Banana Bread Recipe Video
- Which bananas are best for banana bread?
- How to serve?
- What can I add to banana bread?
- Can I replace the almond flour?
- Can I replace the almond milk?
- Can I replace the brown sugar?
- Do I have to use orange zest?
- Can I use apples instead?
- Can I make vegan banana bread?
- How to get a crispy crust on the bread?
- How To Make Banana Bread
Banana Bread Recipe Video
Which bananas are best for banana bread?
For this recipe you should use ripe bananas for the best result.
How to serve?
If you are feeling fancy, you can add walnuts or pieces of chocolate.
You can also spread butter and topped with maple syrup.
What can I add to banana bread?
If you want to upgrade this recipe, feel free to add any of these mix-ins to the banana bread batter. Add it to the second bowl (step 3).
Can I replace the almond flour?
Yes! For this Instant Pot banana bread recipe you can use any flour, plain all-purpose flour or GF flour mixes.
If you are using plain flour go with 1 ¼ cup of flour.
Can I replace the almond milk?
Yes! Feel free to use water or cow milk or soy milk.
Can I replace the brown sugar?
Yes! Feel free to use plain white sugar, coconut sugar or and kind you like.
Do I have to use orange zest?
No. But it will improve the taste for sure.
Can I use apples instead?
Sure, but than you will get Instant Pot apple bread.
Can I make vegan banana bread?
Yes! Instead of the butter use margarine or vegan butter (same amount).
The rest of the ingredients and cooking time stay the same.
How to get a crispy crust on the bread?
If you want some extra crispiness you can toast the bread for 3 minutes on 400-450°F.
This step is optional and your banana bread would still be scrumptious if you skip this part.
How To Make Banana Bread
Gather your ingredients:
Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy:
Add two mashed bananas and stir until smooth:
On a separate bowl, mix almond milk, flour, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon and salt.
Transfer the mix to the first bowl and stir well:
Transfer into a greased pan and top with banana half. Cover with foil and place in the Instant Pot.
Cook for 45 minutes. When cooking cycle ends, perform a quick pressure release.
Take out the pan and let the bread cool down a bit.
Cut into slices and serve.
- 1 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond milk or regular milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 ½ ripe bananas mashed( mash just two, the banana half is for decorating and should be halved by length)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried orange zest
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup water for the Instant Pot
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar.
- Add mashed banana and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, mix almond flour, milk, baking powder, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt.
- Add this mix to the first bowl and stir well until smooth.
- Grease a pan that fits your Instant Pot with some melted butter, and pour the batter.
- Place half a banana on top.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot.
- Place a trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the pan on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 45 minutes.
- When cooking time ends, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and take out the pan.
- Let your loaf cool before removing it from the pan.
- Cut into slices and enjoy 🙂